December 26, 2017
Kuku Sabzi | Persian Veggie Patties Recipe
|Prep Time||20 Minutes|
|Cook Time||80 Minutes|
- 2 bunch of fresh parsley
- 1 large bunch of fresh cilantro
- 1 large bunch of fresh chives
- 2 bunch of fresh dill
- ½ cup walnuts finely chopped
- ½ cup barberries soak in water for 10 minutes and rinse
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Butter 1 tablespoon
- 1/3 teaspoon turmeric paprika, onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Remove the hard stems, wash herbs and chop finely. This amount is approximately 500 gram or 1 pound.
- In a bowl break in eggs and beat vigorously then add baking powder.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the finely chopped vegetables, half of ground walnuts, half of barberries, turmeric, salt, onion powder, paprika, pepper and mix well. Pour the well beaten egg over the rest of the ingredients, mix thoroughly until everything is well coated.
- Place a pan on the heat and add vegetable oil. Wait for the oil to warm up then pour your mixture and flatten it all over the pan using a spatula.
- Put the lid ajar and let it cook for 40 minutes on low heat.
- After you made sure one side is cooked, slice it and turn the pieces to cook the other side for 20 minutes.
Filed Under: Appetizer and Sides, Main Course, Persian Cuisine
Tags: cooking with vida, kookoo sabzi, vida cook, کوکوسبزی