December 25, 2017
Lentil Soup (Adasi) Recipe
Adasi is a Persian Lentil soup which is very easy to cook and very nutritious. Its very easy to cook this delicious soup, and it can be served for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Lentil is a good of phosphor and Iron and its really good to cook this soup now and then.
|Prep Time||10 Minutes|
|Cook Time||2 Hours|
- 2.5 cups lentil
- 1 sliced Onion
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- turmeric and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1/3 cup wheat
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- First place a pot on medium heat, add olive oil then saute onions until becomes golden.
- Then add turmeric and ground pepper, saute more. Now it's time to add tomato paste. It's just for take out the color and aroma of tomato paste. Stir for about 2 minutes then pour lentils. Simmer thoroughly. In this level I add 1/3 cup whole wheat which is optional and it doesn’t exist in the original recipe. I add wheat because of it’s a good source of fiber and gives a good taste and thickness to the soup.
- After that add warm water, change the heat to high and wait to boil.
- After it comes to boil put the lid on and change the heat to medium-low and let it cook for about one hour.
- After 1 hour add salt and potatoes. It just needs 30 minutes to be ready.
You can serve this delicious soup with freshly squeezed lemon juice, olive oil or butter, angelica powder. In iran ppl usually eat this soup with Barbari or Sangak bread, which are traditional Persian style bread.
Filed Under: Appetizer and Sides, Main Course, Persian Cuisine
Tags: adasi, cooking with vida, lentil soup, vida cook, عدسی