December 26, 2017
Macaroni | Persian Spaghetti Recipe
|Prep Time||10 Minutes|
|Cook Time||45 Minutes|
- 1 pound ground meat
- 1 large onion
- 1 lb thin spaghetti No.5
- 3 cloves garlicminced
- 250 g sliced mushrooms
- 1 big tomato
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 medium green pepper optional
- salt pepper and turmeric to taste
- Dried basil and dried oregano to taste
- In a large pan, heat some oil over medium-high heat, add onions and saute until become golden.
- Add ground meat to the pan, break into very small pieces and sauté until brown. Then add garlic, spices and green pepper.
- Now it’s time to add mushrooms. After 2 or 3 minutes add tomato paste. Sauté tomato paste until you see deep red color. Mix together, then pour diced tomato to your pan. You can add some freshly squeezed lemon juice to your sauce as well.
- Cover and simmer over low heat for about 10 minutes.
- In a large pot, bring 6 cups of water to boil. You can add some salt, oil and turmeric the boiling water.
- Add pasta to the boiling water and cook the pasta according to package directions, then drain and wash with cold water.
- Pour oil in you pan, place your favorite tah-dig (potato tah-dig is very delicious with macaroni) then add one layer of pasta and spoon meat sauce on it, repeat this until you use all the pasta. Place the pot on high heat for 5 minutes, then lower the heat cover and cook for about 40 minutes.
Filed Under: Main Course, Persian Cuisine
Tags: cooking with vida, makaroni, spaghetti, vida cook, ماکارونی