December 26, 2017
quick barley soup Recipe – Soup Jo ba shir
|Prep Time||10 Minutes|
|Cook Time||40 Minutes|
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1 cup diced mushroom
- 2 medium carrots diced
- 1½ cups milk
- ½ cup cream
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- salt pepper, turmeric to taste
- Add oil into a big pot and sauté onion until translucent, then pour mushroom and spices.
- After 5 minutes add diced carrots, gravy and quick oats. Mix very well.
- Now pour milk and bring to boil, then cover and let it cook on low heat for 35 minutes.
- After 35 minutes turn off the heat, add cream and stir to mix.
- Serve with fresh chopped parsley and lemon juice.
Filed Under: Appetizer and Sides, Persian Cuisine
Tags: barley soup, cooking with vida, milk soup, soup, vida cook, سوپ جو, سوپ شیر