December 26, 2017
Shrimp-Rice (Meygoo-polo) Recipe
- 3 cups rice
- 500 g small clean shrimps
- cup ½tamarind sauce
- 3 garlic cloves
- 150 g chopped vegetables 100g cilantro plus 50dill
- 1 tbsp fenugreek
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- salt pepper and turmeric to taste
- tsp ½ginger
- Brewed saffron to taste
- Soak rice in water and add some salt at least for 1 or 2 hours.
- Clean and devein shrimps.
- In a bowl, marinade shrimps with 1 minced garlic clove, minced ginger, salt, turmeric, black pepper, chili pepper, lemon juice and saffron. Mix very well. Cover and pop it in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- For making tamarind sauce, mix dry tamarind with ½ cup boiling water. Mix until it dissolves. Then stain the sauce.
- Add some butter to a pan, add minced garlic and sauté for 2 minutes. Pour marinated shrimps to the pan and sauté for 2 minutes more. Then add chopped vegetables and tamarind sauce. Stir until you have a thick sauce. Then set aside.
- In a big pot bring some water to boil, drain rice and add to boiling water. You can add 1 tsp of turmeric to boiling water to make your rice colorful. Take out one rice grain when it was soft on outside and hard at the center it is a good time to drain.
- Wash your pot and place it on the heat, add some oil and place your favorite tah-dig at the bottom, pour one layer rice and one layer shrimp mixture till you finish rice.
- Cover the pot with kitchen paper towel and put the lid on. Set heat on high for 5 minutes, after you saw steam coming out of the pot reduce heat to low and cook for 40 minutes.
Filed Under: Main Course, Persian Cuisine
Tags: cooking with vida, meigoo, meygoo polo, shrimp rice, vida cook, میگو پلو