December 26, 2017
Spinach and Plum Stew Recipe – Khoreshe Aloo-Esfenaj
|Prep Time||10 Minutes|
|Cook Time||3 Hours|
- 400 g meat (lamb)
- 700 g spinach clean and washed
- 300 g dry golden plums
- 1 medium onion chopped
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tbsp brewed saffron
- salt turmeric and pepper to taste
- Soak fry golden plums in water for 30 minutes.
- Add oil to a big pot and sauté onions until translucent. Then add meat, keep stirring until brown on all sides. Sprinkle some turmeric and pepper. Pour 2 cups of water, bring water to boil, then lower the heat and cook meat for about 2 hours.
- In another pan add spinach, sauté for 10 to 15 minutes when all the excess water evaporated, add 1 tbsp vegetable oil and sauté spinach.
- Add spinach to the meat.
- In the last 15 minutes of cooking procedure add plums, salt, brewed saffron and lemon juice to the stew.
Serve with saffron rice and enjoy.
Filed Under: Main Course, Persian Cuisine