December 26, 2017
Tah-chin | Persian Chicken Rice Cake Recipe
|Prep Time||30 Minutes|
|Cook Time||1 Hour|
- 2 1/2 cups rice rinsed and soaked in water with 2 tablespoons of salt for a couple of hours. Drain.
- 600 g boneless chicken breasts
- 1 medium onion
- 1 1/2 cups plain or Greek yogurt
- 50 g butter + vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- Brewed saffron to your taste
- 1 medium carrot grated
- ½ cup barberries taste
- Silvered almond and pistachio for garnishing
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- salt pepper and turmeric to your taste
- In a pot place chicken breasts, onion, add turmeric, salt, ground black pepper, ½ cup water & cinnamon stick, cover and cook for an 40 minutes on medium-low heat. Set aside to cool. Cut the chicken into small pieces.
- In another pot bring some of water to boil, add the rice and boil for about 8 minutes or until rice grains are soft on the ends and firm in the center. Drain and pour some cool water over it to wash away the starch and to separate the rice grains. This cool water rinse helps bring about a more fluffy rice. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl add eggs, some saffron then yogurt and spices. Mix well.
- Add the rice to the yogurt mixture, blend.
- In a 9” spring form pan, apply butter with brush. Pour one layer of rice, flatten with a spoon, layer chicken pieces evenly and cover the entire surface. Pour the rest of the rice and flatten the top. Pour
- Cover the pot with aluminum foil and make some holes using s fork. Place the pot in the oven ( 180 degree) and cook for about 40 minutes.
- For topping, add butter or oil into a pan, pour barberries, silvered almond and pistachio and add some saffron. You can add some granulated sugar if you do not like the tardiness of barberry. Do the same thing with grated carrots.
- After Tah-chin is cooked, garnish and serve.
Filed Under: Main Course, Persian Cuisine
Tags: cooking with vida, saffron rice, tahchin, تهچین, تهچین مرغ